contagiousreads

Contagious Reads

I blog all things contemp, horror, romance, NA, and erotica

Hurt
Tabitha Suzuma
Bold Tricks (The Artists Trilogy, #3)
Karina Halle
As The World Dies Untold Tales Volume 3 - Rhiannon Frater I have avoided all of Rhiannon's untold tales volumes before, because I didn't know if I could handle going back into that world again for such a short amount of time. To say that I love the AtWD universe is an understatement, and I am of course, a Rhiannon Frater fangirl so I think most people are surprised by this. What can I say about Vol. 3?
It's great, like the other Untold Vols. we get to learn how certain individuals came to be at the fort.
Vol. 3 starts off with Rune's story, and as soon as I finished the first page I was sucked back into this world. Rune is a great character, and I very much enjoyed spending more time with him.
I do have to say that the last story of the book is my favorite. It's very much a completion of the saga, and Rhiannon herself told me that when she finished it the world felt complete, so needless to say, I don't think there will be another book. The last story is a story of heartbreak, and of love in a dead world. It illustrates how hard it is to love, and have real emotions. There is one scene in the story that impacted me as much as those little fingers under the door. I had tears streaming down my face as I read it, and even now, thinking about it I am holding back more tears. It's a huge accomplishment for a writer to move her readers to such deep emotions, and Rhiannon does it for me again and again.
I loved being in this world again, so much so that I might have to hunt down Vols. 1 & 2 on my kindle and read them.
Thank you so much Rhiannon for giving me a chance to visit this world again.
I was given an early copy of this book for review.