contagiousreads

Contagious Reads

I blog all things contemp, horror, romance, NA, and erotica

Hurt
Tabitha Suzuma
Bold Tricks (The Artists Trilogy, #3)
Karina Halle
Disarming (Reign of Blood, #2) - Alexia Purdy Ok so this review is really a 4.5 stars. I, of course, loved it. It was a thrill ride. We get to see April fighting her feelings for Rye, and trying to take care of her brother and mother after their time with the bad vampires.
We meet a few new characters in this book and I have to say. I am a fan. Including Elijah. Who calls the rabid's my favorite word....oh man. I squeed like a 12 year old when I read the word zompire in this book. The plot definitely thickens as April finds out that there is more to the world than vampires and zompires. She makes a whole bunch of trouble for herself and resists Rye.
The writing is wonderful. I could not put this book down. The fallen city of Las Vegas is still a beautiful and haunting back drop and play ground for all of these creatures to play on.
We do find out more about April and what life was like for her before the world ended.
The characters are rounded out. Miranda is back into play. I think her and April's friendship is one of the strong points of the book. Miranda seems to be one of the few characters that willingly lets April do what she wants to do.
Like I said Elijah is great. I actually would prefer Elijah as a love interest for April over Rye. I don't know why but Rye just doesn't seem to fit with April. That might be me having a big ole crush on Elijah though.
This book has some action scenes in it and they are great. Alexia's writing is at it's best when her characters are in the throes of bloodshed.
I would have loved to have seen MORE of April in action though. I feel like she spends a lot of time plotting in this book. Which of course is necessary.
I was given an ARC/Beta copy of this book. My review is honest. Things can still change between now and the release date.