contagiousreads

Contagious Reads

I blog all things contemp, horror, romance, NA, and erotica

Hurt
Tabitha Suzuma
Bold Tricks (The Artists Trilogy, #3)
Karina Halle

Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)

Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) - Susan Ee I loved this book. I LOVED it. Forget every other angel book you have ever read. This is nothing like them. It's a cool post apocalyptic tale with a kick fruit heroine and a dreamy, aloof, and slightly dickheaded (but hilarious) angel. He's not a dickhead as in, he tries to control Penryn's every move cuz he's in love with her. He's just kinda a jerk to her. Cuz you know she's human and he's an angel. And in this book those two things just don't mix. Angels and humans are in a war. But he helps her, and at the end maybe there is a bit more to Raffe than Penryn originally thought.

The world that the author builds is just so amazing. It's dark and gritty, and beautiful, and heartbreaking. I was sucked in. We see the world destroyed and yet there is still beauty there. The landscape shifts from city, to forest, back to city effortlessly.

Penryn is a girl I can get behind. She is strong but doesn't walk in to fights. She is actually kind of reluctant to fight and only does so when it serves a purpose. She cares deeply about her family and is sometimes conflicted about her growing feelings for Raffe. Who, should be her enemy.

Raffe, yep. Uh huh. Book Boyfriend Material. He's swoon worthy. Smart. Hot. Mouthy. And strong. He's gentle when he needs to be and dangerous when the situation calls for it.

There are some sort of strange zombie elements to this book that don't make total sense but this is a series so the story lines should make more sense in the future.

All in all this book was awesome, but way too short. And I need NEED need book 2 now.

I could go on and on and on but I don't want to give away any spoilers. So this review will just be short and sweet.