contagiousreads

Contagious Reads

I blog all things contemp, horror, romance, NA, and erotica

Hurt
Tabitha Suzuma
Bold Tricks (The Artists Trilogy, #3)
Karina Halle
Undeadly (Harlequin Teen) - Michele Vail Undeadly follows a young girl as she learns that she is no longer the normal teenager that she strives to be. She is a necro. Meaning she can make zombies. But on the eve before her 16th birthday she is visited by Anubis and chooses to be in his service. What does that mean for Molly, who so wanted to be normal?
Well it means her life is a bout to get very very difficult.

I was surprised to find myself loving this book by the end. I had started it about a month ago and put it down to do some review requests. I was not going to pick it back up but honeslty, I had to. I loved the cover so much and the description caught my interest. So I figured I would finish it, or regret not finishing it.

Molly has a tendency to piss me off. She is very immature. While I appluad the efforts that the author made to make Molly sound like a real teen sometimes they just sounded corny. Molly likes the use the world 'killa' to describe things (ie I had a killa room). Not a big deal, and teens probably do say this. And I would probably think it sounds stupid coming out of their mouths too. But every time Molly would start to piss me off she would come up with some super amazing sarcastic comment and I would fall in love with her again.

No surprise that the real star of the show for me was Rath. I wasn't really into Rick. But Rath...yep, he's my kind of boy. Dark, delisicious and dangerous. He was just as sarcastic as Molly and their banter had me LOLing quite a bit.

While Reapers have been done (Rachel Vincent) and I got the whole raising the dead thing covered by my Death gang (Tamara Rose Blodgett) the author did manage to make this a whole new story by adding in elements of Egyptian mythology. Which I loved. (Hello, I'm a geek). Overall I was surprised by this book. It rocked my world. I can't stop thinking about it. I want the sequel now, and the first one isn't even out yet. (Nov. 20th)