contagiousreads

Contagious Reads

I blog all things contemp, horror, romance, NA, and erotica

Hurt
Tabitha Suzuma
Bold Tricks (The Artists Trilogy, #3)
Karina Halle
Insurgent - Veronica Roth *I bumped my rating up to 4 stars because I can't stop thinking about this book. It sucked me in and I didn't even realize it.
I had to stop reading this to beta read Emily Goodwins' Deathly Contagious. I never stop reading a book. I don't read more than one book at a time. I have to devote time to each book individually. That being said even though DC is amazing I couldn't wait to get back to this. I've wanted to know what happen to these guys since the end of the last book.
What I liked:
It was interesting. I liked Tris' struggles with grief. She was not a typical tough girl who kills someone and then gets over it and kills someone else. She struggles. Alot. Not just two or three chapters but the whole book.
Four---sigh. He was kinda grumpy but still -- sigh.
The action scenes were great and I think that Tris definately can become the leader of the Divergent. She shows people that it's ok to be not ok. It's ok to not fit in with the crowd.
What I didn't like:
SHE STRUGGLED THROUGH THE WHOLE DAMN BOOK!
Four and Tris lost their chemistry big time in this book. They spend the whole book fighting. This as good and bad because it was suspenseful. But I missed the chemistry. There were little moments when it felt like their relationship was getting back to normal...then BAM they are lying to each other and yelling.
I felt like this book was really just filler between the 1st and 3rd book. I am going to read the next book because I love Four and want he and Tris to work out. Besides I would love to see if they act on the new information given to them.