contagiousreads

Contagious Reads

I blog all things contemp, horror, romance, NA, and erotica

Hurt
Tabitha Suzuma
Bold Tricks (The Artists Trilogy, #3)
Karina Halle

UnGuarded

UnGuarded - Ashley Robertson I recieved this book as a gift to review on my blog. Boy am I a happy happy girl. Ashley Robertson is supreme awesomeness folks. No lie. Now to the book.
Unlike Kami I have a thing for angels. This however is different then all the other angel books I have read. Selene is a guardian angel. Not a nephilim. Not a big bad fallen angel. Etc. Etc. She is truly an angel. I found that very refreshing and new and great.
The writing was top of the line. I know there are people out in reading land that hate typos and sloppy errors. Well you will be happy to know that I didn't see any such thing here. I was pulled into this story and cheering for a certain male vampire (NOT COLE). I won't say anything more about that. No spoilers from me.
The MC Selene comes off as being a bit selfish at times. Upon reflection that is because she is supposed to be an angel and she lets her human like feelings guide her. She often knows what she should be doing as an angel but follows her heart (a very human thing) instead. Wow. I spent a lot of the book upset with her. But toward the end of the book 'I got it'. Break through. Eureka! To sum it up I was invested in the story and the characters. If that isn't a hallmark of a good read then I don't know what is.
I did get confused a couple of times in the book. I had to re read sections to make sure I was understanding things correctly. That could be due to the late night or because sometimes the characters would hop from place to place. I can't say for sure. I look forward to reading more from Ashley in the future. I have two requests for her as a writer...well three. 1- write a book about Luke. I want him to have a happy ending. 2- umm Zombies please. 3-Don't stop writing. I can't see what you come up with next. Off to read Crimson Groves (her first novel).
Make sure to check out the blog for my interview with Ashley!!! Coming soon (hopefully this week) http://contagiousreads.blogspot.com