contagiousreads

Contagious Reads

I blog all things contemp, horror, romance, NA, and erotica

Hurt
Tabitha Suzuma
Bold Tricks (The Artists Trilogy, #3)
Karina Halle

Find You in the Dark (Find You in the Dark, #1)

Find You in the Dark (Find You in the Dark, #1) - A. Meredith Walters Maggie May Young is a normal girl. Until she meets Clayton Reed. He brings out the crazy in Maggie. She falls head over heels for him. She completely loses herself in her love for him. She loves him despite his darkness.

This book. What can I say about this book. It's kind of like crack. I couldn't stop reading it. The first half was addicting because I LOVED it and the last half was addicting because I HATED it (and maybe loved it too). Ahhhagrrr. <--that is a real sound.
Maggie was amazingly strong and amazingly weak. She continued to make excuses and hope for the best when it comes to dealing with Clay and his struggles with his bi-polar disorder and borderline personality disorder. She is young and in love and often times didn't realize that her behavior did ,at times, enable Clay to continue his destructive ways. She is strong because she gave him unconditional love despite all of his flaws.

This book was extraordinarily well written. I was stuck in Clay and Maggie's story. Even when I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs at this book, I did not and could not stop reading. The fact that the author was able to make me feel this passionately about the characters is a true testament to her writing chops.

I saw some reviews that stated that they want Maggie and Clay to get a happily ever after in the next book. I am not sure if that is what I want. Clay was so hurtful to Maggie that a very, very large part of me wants her to run and stay as far away from him as possible. Can they have a love that is not destructive? I can see it being all too easy for both of them to fall into their same patterns again.

There I go, talking as if these characters are real. Anyway, I recommend this book for people with a strong stomach and a high level of tolerance. There are very graphic scenes of verbal abuse in this
book. It is in no way glamorized but it is still there.

check out more reviews at http://contagiousreads.blogspot.com