contagiousreads

Contagious Reads

I blog all things contemp, horror, romance, NA, and erotica

Hurt
Tabitha Suzuma
Bold Tricks (The Artists Trilogy, #3)
Karina Halle
This is Not a Test - Courtney Summers Oh wow....just wow! I LOVED this book. It's not just a 5 star its a HUGE 10 star book. This a book about surviving during a zombie apocolypse. Only Sloane doesn't want to survive. She has lost the will to live. Which makes the crisis even more riveting. I literally could not tear myself away from it. I started it around 9pm and finished at around 2 am. I only stopped to fb chat with a fellow book lover who was reading it as I was. (Book friends are the best). Toni Catarnici...you know I'm talking about you. Anyway. Back to the book.
The good:
I was literally grabbed from page one. It was really interesting. I kept thinking huh...(head scratch) how is she going to work zombies into this. But she did. The writing was well paced. It just kept building and building.
The romance was perfect. No automatic love at first site here. But it was butterfly inducing. So refeshing.
Sloane felt real. Rhys felt real. Grace and Trace felt real. Sloane isn't kick ass. But she is brave. She doesn't spend the whole novel pulling out zombie killing tricks from her bag. She has a cool head about the whole thing...but that's because she doesn't have any interest in surviving. She literally grabbed my heart and held it the whole book. I loved it.
The bad:
There were some chunky sentences writing wise. Very, very few though. If you are a gore fan this book is not for you. There are zombies so obviously there is some bloodshed. But it's not an big blockbuster action novel. It's a sublte sneak up on you thriller type novel. I love a great gore fest. Trust me I do. I didn't miss it in this book though. She balanced the action/blood, intrigue/thriller and human emotion perfectly. This book is perfect for a non hardcore zombie fan. They are there and there is action. It's just not the theme of the book.
I know...I know. I always give books 5 stars. Honestly guys...I find the good in everything. Well,there are some exceptions. I just don't finish or bother rating the stinkers half the time guys. I swear. I do ocassionaly not love a book. I have to be careful with my money so I do serious research before I put my money into a book.

check out and follow our blog Contagous Reads. http://lorimariaparker.blogspot.com