contagiousreads

Contagious Reads

I blog all things contemp, horror, romance, NA, and erotica

Hurt
Tabitha Suzuma
Bold Tricks (The Artists Trilogy, #3)
Karina Halle

Sleepers (The Swarm Trilogy, #1)

Sleepers - Megg Jensen I'm wavering between a 3-4 star review. I really loathe the lack of half star ratings here.This book was good. I really liked. I liked it a lot. It has tons of action, romance, fantasy and so many twists and turns my head is still spinning. A wonderful read. What is holding me back from fangirl gushing (do you really even want to read that kind of review from me anymore?) was the lack of feeling and connection I had with the characters. I liked them well enough or hated them but I felt no real connection to them and their story. While I wanted to know what happened next I didn't rush to pick the book (kindle) up as soon as I woke up every morning. I wasn't dying to know what happens next. I hope and think that the next novel will draw me in more and engage me in ways this book did not. After all I already know the characters now. I want to love them.
As for the world. We didn't get to see much of it beside the Castle and a few other places. I LOVE that they will be traveling in the next book. Overall this book has set up the following books to be GREAT. I can't wait to see it. I recieved a copy of this book from the author.