contagiousreads

Contagious Reads

I blog all things contemp, horror, romance, NA, and erotica

Hurt
Tabitha Suzuma
Bold Tricks (The Artists Trilogy, #3)
Karina Halle

Deathly Contagious (The Contagium #2)

Deathly Contagious (The Contagium #2) - Emily Goodwin Enter our contest to win a copy of DC! Go check it out!
I had the wonderful oppurtunity to be a beta reader for this book. Let me tell you it is a great read. Fast paced full of action. There is a little bit of everything in it for everyone! There is no way I can write a full synopsis of the plot without giving away spoilers so I will just get to the good/bad part of my review.
The Good:
Orissa grows and matures a great deal in this book. She is still hard headed and kick butt but she is learning to pick her battles.
We get tons of new background on alot of characters. We learn more about almost every character in the first book. I felt like I knew the characters after the first book. Now I know that we still have a lot to learn.
I love the foreshadowing parts I can feel it leading up to a big reveal in book 3.
The chemistry between the characters is great.
We get to see the characters stomping zombie butt, rescuing new additions to the bunker, and we get to see them try to live a normal life at 'home'.
There are literally parts that scared the crap out of me. As a long time fan of the horror genre that is hard to do.
The Bad:
It ended way to fast even though it is longer than the first. I just wanna know what happens!!
Ugh the hillbillies! Just read it. I hated them. We are supposed to hate them so they should really be under the good but I have my reasons for putting them here. Not to mention I have to put SOMETHING here.
Having to hold the knowledge that everyone wants to know inside for a month has been torture.
Really this is a great book. It was hard not getting lost in the story and trying to stay focused and give feedback.
Also, Hayden lives!!!!! . DON'T CLICK ON THAT SPOILER UNTIL YOU ARE DONE WITH CHAPTER 1!!! I AM WARNING YOU!!!